Ryan Seacrest falling out of his chair while trying to catch a shiny balloon on live TV pretty much symbolizes how 2020 is going so far:
When Ryan Seacrest sees something shiny go by. #ryanseacrest pic.twitter.com/zAdKVqZh7h
— KD Holmberg (@kdeniseholmberg) January 7, 2020
Holy shit, y’all: Jade and Tanner Tolbert — as in Bachelor in Paradise‘s Jade and Tanner — have been accused of cheating after winning $1 million on Draft Kings. Basically, Jade won the $1 million prize, though people are calling foul. Seems Draft Kings allows you to submit 150 lineup combinations per week of football, and you’re not supposed to team up with anyone else. But Jade appears to have discussed her lineups with Tanner who submitted his own 150 different lineups, effectively giving the couple 300 lineups.
They cheated, end of story. pic.twitter.com/urp2Mbt9HQ
— huitcinq (@huitcinqDFS) January 6, 2020
Statement from @DraftKings on brewing controversy involving former Bachelor contestant winning $1 million contest: "We take the integrity and fairness of our contests very seriously and are looking into this matter."
— David Payne Purdum (@DavidPurdum) January 6, 2020
Speaking of cheating and gambling, bookmakers believe the winner of the Jeopardy! championship that begins airing tonight has already leaked as a bunch of bets poured in for one particular contestant. And speaking of the Jeopardy! championship, who the hell is that third guy?
ALERT: Schitt’s Creek fans, this is for you.
This explains so much about Tyler Perry’s TV shows. That’s all I’m going to say about THAT.
A woman joked about grabbing Outlander star Sam Heughan’s ass at a convention, people FREAKED OUT thinking she actually did, he said she didn’t and that it was cool, but people are still FREAKING. OUT.
WARNING: This is going to be super boring if you don’t watch MSNBC. But if you watch as much MSNBC as I do (you don’t), you are well familiar with Stephanie Ruhle, one of the daytime anchors who started off covering business issues. She has been named senior business correspondent at NBC and her role across both NBC and MSNBC is going to expand. This story is interesting for two reasons: 1. she had been rumored to have been talking to other networks in recent months (I think maybe even Fox News) and 2. there are rumors that MSNBC wants to move Chuck Todd to Ruhle’s 8 a.m. slot right after Morning Joe, and expand Nicole Wallace’s afternoon spot to two hours, but that Todd is resisting. Anyway, I like Ruhle — she’s a tough cookie who doesn’t let folks off the hook and I am glad the network appreciates her talents.
- Temporary Humans, an animated series from Will Arnett’s production company is being developed by Fox.
- A comedy about a chef from Gordon Ramsay’s production company is being developed at Fox.
- Gloop World, a stop-motion series from one of the creators of Rick & Morty, is in the works at Quibi.
- A Year of Firsts, an Instagram series from Michelle Obama about first-year college students, is in the works.
- Patricia Arquette has joined the cast of Severance on Apple TV+.
- Robert Aramayo has joined the cast of The Lord of the Rings series on Amazon.
- Amanda Seales has joined The Real as a permanent co-host.
- Richard Dreyfuss and Tan France will guest star on The Great British Bake Off.
Mark Your Calendars
- Sex Education returns on Netflix on January 17.
- Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet will premiere on Apple TV+ on February 17.
- Diary of a Future President will debut on Disney+ on January 17.
- The Thing About Harry will premiere on Freeform on February 15.
- Visible: Out on Television will premiere on Apple TV+ on February 14.
- Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez will debut on Netflix on January 15.
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie will debut on AMC on February 16 following a Breaking Bad marathon which will begin on January 19.
- The Gayle King Grammy Special will air on January 23 on CBS.
- Coachella: 20 Years in the Desert will premiere on YouTube on March 31.
Nancy Carol Lewis Jones, Monty Python’s manager and the publicist for Jimi Hendrix, The Who, The Rolling Stones, and Joe Cocker
Elizabeth Wurtzel, Author of Prozac Nation
Schitt’s Creek: Johnny and Moira have a romantic picnic on the side of the creek in the final season premiere. 8 p.m., Pop
Vanderpump Rules: Season premiere. 8 p.m., Bravo
Ellen’s Game of Games: Season premiere. 7 p.m., NBC
Jeopardy!: The Greatest of All Time: Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter, and James Holzhauer go head-to-head. 7 p.m., ABC
NCIS: Gibbs helps Ziva with the “one thing” in the winter premiere. 7 p.m., CBS
The Resident: Conrad struggles with his next step in the winter premiere. 7 p.m., Fox
FBI: A businessman who had a history of harassment is murdered. ~cough~ Winter premiere. 8 p.m., CBS
Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours to Hell and Back: Season premiere. 8 p.m., Fox
mixed-ish: The Challenger tragedy hits home in the winter premiere. 8 p.m., ABC
black-ish: Diane and Bow go to the salon. Winter premiere. 8:30 p.m., ABC
Emergence: Mia tries to send Piper a message in the winter premiere. 9 p.m., ABC
FBI: Most Wanted: “Jess LeCroix.” LOL. Series premiere. 9 p.m., CBS
Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist: Jane Levy hears people’s thoughts … in song in this new series. Series premiere. 9 p.m., NBC
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Salma Hayek, George MacKay, Ask “This Old House”
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Rachel Maddow, J.B. Smoove, Caitlin Kalafus
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Rose Byrne, Bobby Cannavale, Jamie Oliver
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Rachel Brosnahan, Greta Gerwig, Taylor Hawkins & the Coattail Riders
- The Daily Show: Ronan Farrow
- Lights Out with David Spade: Benji Aflalo, Marcella Arguello, Rick Ingraham
- Watch What Happens Live: Jax Taylor, Brittany Cartwright
- A Little Late with Lily Singh: Adam Rippon, Iliza Shlesinger
|Bless This Mess
|FBI: Most Wanted
|Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours to Hell and Back
|NBC||Ellen’s Game of Games
|Ellen’s Game of Games
|Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist