In reaction to the Alabama abortion ban, Busy Philipps, who opened up about her abortion on her show last week, started a Twitter hashtag #YouKnowMe. The hashtag is meant to encourage women to tell their abortion stories, in part to strip the subject of its taboo but also to reveal just how many women have had abortions and how many people these abortion laws will effect:
Thousands of women have shared their stories, stires which are both moving and mundane — and that’s the point. Women have abortions for any number of reasons, and all of them are valid.
The women of Late Night with Seth Meyers explain Alabama’s abortion ban:
And Samantha Bee teaches some “fucking idiots” some basic reproduction facts.
In short, it’s a scary time to be a woman.
Samantha Bee talks about not being considered for host of The Daily Show, and how she was never even in contention. COOL. REAL COOL, COMEDY CENTRAL.
OK, so the deal is, Kelly Ripa (whom I adore) very vocally hates The Bachelor franchise, and she expresses this opinion on her show — often — which is produced by Disney and airs monstly on ABC channels. I suspect the network has asked her to knock it off, but she doesn’t and I love her for it.
So, the head of The Bachelor, Mike Fleiss, this asshole tweeted this two days before the current Bachelorette was scheduled to appear on Live! with Kelly and Ryan:
Uhhh … no, it does not.
Ellen Pompeo, star of Grey’s Anatomy, was NOT HAVING IT.
Oh, and yes, I’ll be blogging The Bachelorette — I know I’m late. It’s coming.
The CW is ending its deal with Netflix which basically saved the network a few years ago. I assumed the content would be going to CBS All Access, but apparently, it’s going to be shopped around to different streamers? This is no kind of plan.
The CW passed on the Jane the Virgin spinoff because it wasn’t quirky enough.
The final season of Supernatural is going to be a “free-for-all” according to Jensen Ackles.
Lori Loughlin is worried that she’ll be made an example of by prosecutors. GOOD. SHE SHOULD BE. Especially as it is now coming to light that her husband had some sort of altercation with their daughter’s school counselor when they started raising alarm bells about how SHE WAS LYING ON HER APPLICATION. These assholes are in trouble.
How the producers of Deadwood recreated the town for the film. It wasn’t easy.
I don’t know if this is TV news, exactly, but Giancarlo Esposito would make an AMAZING Hannibal Lecter.
I need one of these. And one of these. Because I’m a child.
- Star Trek: Picard is the name of the new Picard Star Trek series. Clever.
- Glamorous is still being considered at The CW.
- Something to Live For is being adapted for television.
- Eva LaRue is joining The Young and the Restless.
- Riley Smith has been cast in Nancy Drew on The CW.
- Cooper Dodson — brother of the kid who played Sam on The Walking Dead — has joined the cast of Fear the Walking Dead.
Mark Your Calendars
- Younger returns on TV Land on June 12.
- Chasing the Cure will air on TNT soon.
- Adolf Island will air on Smithsonian on June 23.
- Amphibia will return on Disney on June 17.
- Hurricane Man will debut on Science Channel on June 18.
The Big Bang Theory: The most popular network show ends after a 12-season run. Series finale. 7 p.m., CBS
The Big Bang Theory: Unraveling the Mystery: A look back at Bazinga. 8:30 p.m., CBS
Busy Tonight: I love Busy and hope she finds a new home for this cheerful little show. Series finale. 10 p.m., E!
Better Things: Season finale. 9 p.m., FX
The Good Fight: Season finale. CBS All Access
Grey’s Anatomy: Season finale. 7 p.m., ABC
Superstore: One-hour season finale. 7 p.m., NBC
Brooklyn Nine-Nine: One-hour season finale. 8 p.m., NBC
Station 19: Season finale. 8 p.m., ABC
Young Sheldon: Season finale. 8 p.m., CBS
For the People: Series finale. 9 p.m., ABC
Law & Order: SVU: Season finale. 9 p.m., NBC
S.W.A.T.: Season finale. 9 p.m., CBS
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Jessica Alba, Yara Shahidi, The Head and the Heart
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Aidy Bryant, John Waters, Sen. Michael Bennet, Johnny Radelat
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik, Melissa Rauch
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Trevor Noah, Billie Lourd, Ciara
- Conan: Judd Apatow, Rachel Feinstein
- Busy Tonight: Finale with surprise guests
- Watch What Happens Live: Bill Hader, Rachael Ray
|For the People
|CBS||The Big Bang Theory
|The Big Bang Theory: Unraveling the Mystery
|In the Dark
|Law & Order: SVU
One thought on “Busy Philipps wants you to share your abortion story with #YouKnowMe”
Here is my story. My boyfriend of the time got me pregnant. He didn’t want to take responsibility. I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound. I saw her heartbeat. All I saw was a little flashing heartbeat in a yolk sac. That was it. It didn’t matter if she had birth defects or if my life was in danger. I would do anything for her. I had my baby.