This is a good collection of books that will be turned into TV series next year. I had forgotten that Little Fires Everywhere is coming to Hulu …
BREAKING NEWS: Comcast is screwing you over.
That Game of Thrones reunion hosted by Conan is only going to be on the DVD box set. Wait, WAIT, do people still buy DVDs? Anyway, Sean Bean will be there, as might Jason Momoa?
LOL, Fox News is being sued over The Super Bowl Shuffle for some reason.
Amy Schumer is still puking. Girl. I feel you.
Oh, Skylir Hicks. Also, can we talk about how you spell your name?
Ooooh, Les Moonves, you ain’t getting that $120 million severance package. Not once the board reads this story about how you tried to pay off an actress you once violated with a $1,500 job to keep her mouth shut. You are a monster, Les.
Linda Vester, NBC News reporter who accused Tom Brokaw of sexual harassment, is calling for Comcast to bring in independent investigators.
Five more women have come forward to accuse Luc Besson of sexual misconduct, including rape. This brings the number of women who have done so up to nine. Related: Am I the only one who found The Professional a super-creepy movie and am not surprised by any of these allegations?
Stormy Daniels v. Michael Avenatti. This is getting interesting.
- Preacher has been renewed for a fourth season on AMC.
- Raven’s Home has been renewed for a third season on Disney Channel.
- Murphy Brown and Happy Together will not receive more episodes on CBS. It’s not a cancellation. Yet.
- Good Christian Bitches might get a second chance over on The CW.
- A Blade Runner anime series is coming to Adult Swim.
- Young Wallander is coming to Netflix.
- Super Clean, a dramedy, is being developed at The CW.
- Award-winning activist and humanitarian Eddie Ndopu’s journey into space will be documented by MTV.
- The Bible from Space will air on Nat Geo.
- Console Wars will be developed into a limited series.
- Claes Bang will star as Dracula in Netflix’s and BBC’s Dracula.
- Donald Sutherland is going to co-star in HBO’s The Undoing.
- Alexis Denisof and Jedidiah Goodacre are joining the cast of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina; McKenna Grace will guest as Young Sabrina.
- Alona Tal is joining the NYPD Blue reboot.
- Garrett Wareing is joining the cast of Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists on Freeform.
- Melissa de Sousa is joining the cast of Becoming a God in Central Florida on YouTube.
- Rachel Keller, Gideon Adlon, Jacques Colimon, Olivia DeJonge, Alex Fitzalan, Kristine Froseth, Jose Julian, Natasha Liu Bordizzo, Alex MacNicoll, Jack Mulhern, Salena Qureshi, Grace Victoria Cox, Sean Berdy, and Toby Wallace are joining Netflix’s YA drama, The Society.
- Bree Condon is your new Kimberly Guilfoyle.
Mark Your Calendars
- Schooled will debut on ABC on January 9.
- Ariana Grande: Dangerous Woman Diaries will premiere today on YouTube:
- Reminder: Claire Foy is your host of Saturday Night Live this week.
- Young Justice: Outsiders will debut on DC Universe on January 4:
- Fam will premiere on CBS on January 10.
- Man With a Plan will return on CBS on February 4.
- White House Christmas 2018 will air on HGTV on December 9. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
- Pentatonix: A Not So Silent Night will air on NBC on December 10.
- Total Bellas will return on E! on January 13.
- Top Chef: Last Chance Kitchen will return on Bravotv.com on December 6.
- Elvis Goes There will debut on Epix on February 4.
- Winner Cake All will debut on Food Network on January 7.
- A Very Joe Bob Christmas is going to stream on Shudder on December 21.
- The AKC National Championship Presented by Royal Canin Read will air on Animal Planet on January 1 and sounds like a lovely way to deal with a hangover.
- Jeff Beck: Still on the Run will premiere on Showtime on December 11.
- Agnostic Front: Godfathers of Hardcore will debut on Showtime on December 12.
- All in the Family will debut on Showtime on December 13.
- Korn’s Brian “Head” Welch: Loud Crazy Love will debut on Showtime on December 14.
- Luther will return on BBC One … soon?
Gloria Katz, Screenwriter known for American Graffiti and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, as well as some TV projects
Dominick Brascia, Actor
Supernatural: Jack wants Dean to teach him about the fun of being human. One answer: PIE. 7 p.m., The CW
Legacies: A student council is formed. OK. 8 p.m., The CW
LEGO Jurassic World: The Secret Exhibit: I don’t know how, exactly, this counts as a holiday special, but here we are. 7 p.m., NBC
The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration: The castle is lit for Christmas with performances by Gwen Stefani, Meghan Trainor, Brett Eldredge, Andrea, and Matteo Bocelli, Jordan Fisher, Becky G, Aloe Blacc and Why Don’t We. 8 p.m., ABC
Late Night: Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Claire Foy, Mike Birbiglia, Jourdain Fisher The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Garth Brooks, Tim Meadows, Emma Willmann The Late Late Show with James Corden: Kermit the Frog, Minka Kelly, Sampha The Daily Show: Lindy West Watch What Happens Live: Tyra Banks, Megan Fox
|ABC||Olaf’s Frozen Adventure||Toy Story that Time Forgot||The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration|
|CBS||The Big Bang Theory
|FOX||Thursday Night Football: Saints at Cowboys
|NBC||LEGO Jurassic World
|LEGO Jurassic World
|Will & Grace
|I Feel Bad
|Law & Order: SVU