In honor of the return of Roseanne, I wrote a thing and made a gallery of all the reboots either currently on the air or in the works, and you guys, there are a TON. There are SO MANY. Why? You can thank the era of Too Much TV.
Speaking of reboots, John Krasinski is down to guest star in an Office reboot, but don’t expect him to star in it, y’all.
And speaking of Roseanne:
Here’s The Tonight Show appearance that launched her show in the first place.
According to Tom Arnold, Roseanne Barr forbade him from dating Laurie Metcalf. Ok, but did anyone ask Laurie Metcalf if she wanted to date Tom Arnold? Because
Though T.J. Miller is done with Silicon Valley, Silicon Valley is not done with T.J. Miller — Vulture argues that the show is giving him the Charlie Sheen treatment. Still, they’re clearly leaving the door open for him to return in a cameo. (Maybe to drop a piano on him?)
Silicon Valley also EXPERTLY trolled Facebook in the opening credits. Good job, comrades.
Serious Game of Thrones spoiler. Careful.
Olivia de Haviland’s lawsuit against Ryan Murphy for the portrayal of her in Feud (which was not unflattering, by the way) has been tossed by an appeals court.
Nickelodeon has severed ties with one of their most successful producers, Dan Schneider, the guy who gave them iCarly, Drake & Josh, Victorious, Kenan & Kel, and Henry Danger. At the moment, this is not a Time’s Up story, as no allegations have been lodged against him officially. HOWEVER, there are a ton of rumors out there about inappropriate behavior, so stick a pin in this one. It could end up being very ugly.
- The Travel Channel just ordered 52 more episodes of Bizarre Food: Delicious Destinations.
Netflix just renewed a bunch of shows:
- One Day at a Time
- Queer Eye (And here’s what you can expect from the next season.)
- Drug Lords
- Nailed It!
- The Toys That Made Us
- Cortes has been greenlit by Amazon. The miniseries comes from Steven Spielberg and Steve Zaillian and will star Javier Bardem.
- Now Apocalypse, a comedy from Steven Soderbergh’s production company, is headed to Starz.
- Silver Foxes, a comedy from the Golden Girls team, is being developed as a series.
- WWE’s Paul Heyman is producing and will star in a TV series.
- Flirty Dancing, a dating series somehow based on La La Land, is headed to Channel 4.
- Gina Rodriguez is your new Carmen Sandiego.
- Connie Britton is joining Bravo’s anthology Dirty John.
- Christina Milian is going to star in the Fox pilot Mixtape.
- Zach McGowan is joining the Bad Boys reboot at NBC.
Mark Your Calendars
- I Am Evidence will debut on HBO on April 16.
- Being Serena will debut on HBO on May 2.
- The Originals returns for its final season on The CW on April 20.
Stéphane Audran, French actress
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Dorit becomes sick or something. 8 p.m., Bravo
Roseanne: She’s back and she’s … a Trump supporter? Series premiere. 7 p.m., ABC
Splitting Up Together: Jenna Fischer and Oliver Hudson star in this series about a couple whose marriage is rekindled by their divorce. Series premiere. 8:30 p.m., ABC
Baskets: “A game of ‘Hungry Hungry Hippos’ ends in tragedy.” !!!!!!!! Season finale. 9 p.m., FX
Late Night: The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Samantha Bee, Leslie Odom Jr., Tom Segura The Late Late Show with James Corden: Adam Devine, Zoey Deutch, the Voidz Conan: Armie Hammer, Nick Swardson, JC Currais The Daily Show: Sean Penn The Opposition with Jordan Klepper: Amy Siskind Watch What Happens Live: Casey Wilson, Danielle Schneider
|Splitting Up Together
|For the People
|NCIS: New Orleans
|L.A. to Vegas