I feel personally attacked.
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
Sophie Turner and Taylor Swift had the opportunity to do something really funny … and they took it. You don’t fuck with the Queen of the North, Joe Jonas.
Taylor Swift and Sophie Turner step out together in New York. pic.twitter.com/WIkx2Ei7fX
— Pop Base (@PopBase) September 20, 2023
What you should know about some Hollywood contracts: very often networks will negotiate that a show’s creatives will receive more money once a series reaches four seasons, which, cynically enough, is why so many Netflix series are often canceled after three seasons. Additionally, creators will often still see royalties on a series even if they are no longer working on said show and if a series moves to a different network. Marvel’s Daredevil originally streamed on Netflix for three seasons before the rights to all of the Marvel projects went to Disney. “Daredevil” is being rebooted on Disney+ with most of the original cast in place, including Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, and Jon Bernthal. It’s the same show that was on Netflix. However, they are renaming it Daredevil: Born Again, which allows Disney to claim that this is a “new” show and cut the original showrunner out of any contractually obligated profits this new series might see. Gee, I wonder why the WGA feels like they are being screwed by the networks?
Max will begin offering live sports next month, including games from MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA, and US Soccer. Current Max subscribers will receive the sports tier for free until February, for everyone else, it will cost $9.99 a month.
The producers of Love Island say that they edit the show according to social media responses and honestly, I’m surprised more shows don’t do this. (Except they probably do, they just don’t talk about it.)
H’oh boy, Angelica Ross is not done talking trash about American Horror Story just as we are about to start a new season: now she’s saying that Emma Roberts was an asshole on set and misgendered her.
Angelica Ross says that Emma Roberts misgendered her and created an unwelcome working environment on the set of ‘AMERICAN HORROR STORY: 1984’.
She adds that she didn’t report it because one person who did speak up got repercussions for doing so. pic.twitter.com/xQDVqoVa8q
— DiscussingFilm (@DiscussingFilm) September 20, 2023
Angelica confirmed it was indeed Emma Roberts who was throwing her weight around set, being disruptive during Angelica’s scenes etc.
I am not surprised at all. pic.twitter.com/6xJR03dpdN
— Cody Fern UK (@codyfernuk) September 20, 2023
Picketers targeted The View yesterday. I TOLD YOU PEOPLE. Once those other daytime shows canceled their returns, it was just a matter of time before the strikers would remember that Whoopi and the ladies were scabbing.
The strikers are also coming for Dancing with the Stars. The series hires one WGA writer who works with the hosts, and that writer is currently on strike.
Meanwhile, apparently, COVID is on the side of the strikers.
Lionsgate Television is the latest to suspend their production deals with non-writer producers.
This is the best advice about making anything, honestly — movies, TV, novels, blog posts, art:
Filmmaking advice from John Waters today: pic.twitter.com/xIaJnkMggk
— Rob Dean @ Fantastic Fest (@neuroticmonkey) September 19, 2023
A thing some of you might know: my oldest son’s name is North. It’s a family name, passed down for generations on my husband’s side. And so you can imagine how we reacted when Kim Kardashian and Kanye West named their first child “North.” NOT GREAT. And now you’re telling me that Kim Kardashian and Odell Beckham Jr. are “hanging out?” NO MA’AM. ABSOLUTELY NOT. STEP AWAY FROM MY FAMILY’S NAMES ALREADY.
— Shaheed Rajab (@_sketedavidson) September 18, 2023
- Dark Winds has been renewed for a third season on AMC.
- Once Were Warriors is being adapted into a TV series.
Mark Your Calendars
- Fellow Travelers premieres on Paramount+ with Showtime on October 27 and Showtime on October 29.
- Old Dads premieres on Netflix on October 20.
- Beckham debuts on Netflix on October 4.
- Make Me Scream will debut on Prime Video on October 3.
- Louis Tomlinson: All of Those Voices will premiere on Paramount+ on October 4.
- Ghost Adventures: Devil Island will debut on Discovery Channel on October 4.
- I Woke Up a Vampire premieres on Netflix on October 17.
- A Really Haunted Loud House debuts on Nickelodeon on September 28.
- Jessica’s Big Little World debuts on Cartoon Network on October 2.
- Onimusha will premiere on Netflix on November 2.
- Slow Horses returns on Apple TV+ on December 1.
- Colin from Accounts debuts on Paramount+ on November 9.
- Beacon 23 will premiere on MGM+ on November 12.
- Behind the Crime will premiere on Tubi today.
- Penn & Teller: Fool Us returns on The CW on October 27.
- The Boulet Brothers’ Dragula will return on Shudder and AMC+ on October 31.
- Ralph Barbosa: Cowabunga will premiere on Netflix on October 31.
Roger Whittaker, British easy-listening singer
American Horror Story: An actress desperate to start a family feels as though something is targeting her in this new season of AHS — “Delicate.” Season premiere. 9 p.m., FX
Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal: Season two features interviews with key witnesses in Alex Murdaugh’s murder trial. Season premiere. Netflix
The Super Models: This documentary limited series explores the careers of Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista, and Christy Turlington. Premiere. Apple TV+
Masterchef: Season finale. 7 p.m., Fox
Superfan: Kelsea Ballerini’s biggest fans battle it out in the season finale. 8 p.m., CBS
|So Help Me Todd
|Penn and Teller: Fool Us
|NBC||America’s Got Talent