Nope. Too smart.
All Other TV News
So, Jeff Garlin. He was fired from The Goldbergs after it was revealed that he was harassing colleagues and just generally being unpleasant on set. Also, he refused to stop saying “OUCH, MY VAGINA!” all the damn time. But despite being cut from the show mid-season, it was announced his character Murray would remain on the series through a combination of stand-ins and CGI. Well, we’ve arrived at the CGI Garlin episodes and friends, I’m here to tell you, it’s a horrifying nightmare.
They should either cancel The Goldbergs or kill off Jeff Garlin’s character because the workarounds they’ve been using this season ain’t working. pic.twitter.com/EgG4so6rIA
— Noel Murray (@NoelMu) March 14, 2022
Wendi McClendon-Covey responded directly to the tweet:
Thanks for the great suggestion Noel! This season threw us for a loop because a.) it's hard to incorporate someone who doesn't want to be there and wants to leave mid-scene, and b.) we werent about to re-write the 2nd half of the season. We're doing our best.
— Wendi McLendon-Covey (@wendimclendonco) March 15, 2022
People have feelings about CGI Jeff Garlin:
The graphics for the PS3 Jeff Garlin Simulator still hold up honestly pic.twitter.com/RPAiBwrMdy
— wyatt dunkin (@WyattDuncan) March 14, 2022
Therapist: the CGI double for Jeff Garlin from the Goldbergs can’t hurt you, he’s not real
The CGI double for Jeff Garlin from the Goldbergs: pic.twitter.com/SG5Gxx2w6d
— Fuecoco Gang (@tyIerakin) March 14, 2022
The Jeff Garlin CGI is what people see in Birdbox that makes them kill themselves
— grimm (@ExileGrimm) March 15, 2022
Jeff Garlin in the Disney Hall of Presidents https://t.co/hTFdnZELM4
— Brett ________ (@BrettRedacted) March 14, 2022
— Rajat Suresh (@rajat_suresh) March 17, 2022
BREAKING: CGI Jeff Garlin has escaped and is making his way through ABC’s catalogue. He was most recently spotted in an rerun of Happy Days.
— John Merriman (@jmerriman) March 16, 2022
Ken Jennings has left The Chase. Does that mean he’s the new host of Jeopardy!?
By popular demand, The Chase is now 100% @KenJennings-free https://t.co/wFZriplgEF
— James Holzhauer (@James_Holzhauer) March 15, 2022
Ken, please let this mean that you’re going to be the permanent host of regular season game play @Jeopardy! As much as I enjoy you on @thechaseabc, you have done an excellent job hosting Jeopardy!, and I would be thrilled to see you hosting it each weekday permanently! 💗💗💗
— Courtney Rogers (@CourtneyMRogers) March 15, 2022
Hi @Jeopardy! Can you please make @KenJennings the permanent host? No one will ever replace #AlexTrebek but #KenJennings is doing a fantastic job as host & has settled in nicely. Please Jeopardy, make him the one and only host! Ken and Ken only! Please!🙏#Jeopardy pic.twitter.com/H5dkbgy0uF
— countrymusicfan 🦋 (@cntrymusicfan) March 15, 2022
#jeopardy Ken Jennings now free of the chase. Please let this mean Jeopardy producers finally name Ken permanent host of ALL Jeopardy!
— Gary Ricketts (@GaryRicketts20) March 21, 2022
If @KenJennings is leaving the #chase , does that mean that he will be the host of @Jeopardy ?
I hope so!
— Kerry Berry ☘️ (@KerryBe59933439) March 15, 2022
SOURCE RUMOR: Ken Jennings will be selected as new REGULAR DAYTIME #Jeopardy host.
Malim Bialak will continue to host primetime specials, and tournaments (Including teen, college, and Tournament of Champions).
Jennings opened after he was able to leave #TheChase contract.
— Michael O'Donnell (@Michaeloptv) March 18, 2022
Abbott Elementary, which returns tonight after a brief unnecessary Bachelor hiatus (I’m getting to it, calm down), is the most-tweeted-about comedy right now. (Also, scroll down for some great Abbott Elementary news.)
The Price is Right is going on the road for a 50-stop tour across the country to celebrate its 50th anniversary.
SpongeBob SquarePants was the most “in-demand” title on Prime Video, which begs the question, “Why doesn’t Paramount+ lock that shit down?”
Ted Lasso news: Season three will feature more backstories for some characters, possibly a Ted origin story? Also, when they created the show, it was originally intended to only go for three seasons. Somehow, I think they’re not going to end it after this season.
An update on the controversy about West Side Story‘s Rachel Zegler not going to the Oscars: it’s Disney’s fault.
But you know who will be at the Oscars? Tony Hawk and Kelly Slater because THAT JUST MAKES GOOD SENSE.
Don’t have the ability to invite Rachel Zegler, a lead in a film nominated for multiple Oscars including Best Picture but Shaun White and DJ Khaled are good to go.
Keep trying to get folks who will never watch while disregarding why the show exists in the first place. A+ https://t.co/7aBwfXWGQ5
— Peter Tedone (@PTFilm) March 21, 2022
Oscar producers: "Sorry Rachel Zegler, we'd love to have you present an award but we needed to get that X-Games demographic to tune in this year…" 🙄 https://t.co/vF6NmjkLXX
— OnStage Blog 🏳️⚧️🏳️🌈 (@OnstageBlog) March 21, 2022
This latest round of Oscars presenters is just baffling pic.twitter.com/HLn3aLbLEL
— Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) March 21, 2022
It’s not just Power of the Dog that Sam Elliott has beef with. He’s also not a fan of Yellowstone, even though he starred in 1883, the Yellowstone prequel series. Someone sure is cranky.
Brand New Cherry Flavor is trending again some eight months after its release on Netflix thanks to a very disturbing sex scene. You’re not ready. That said, I encourage you to watch the entire series which is dark and weird and hilarious and unlike anything else I’ve seen.
Apparently a half-deflated netball is what keeps the actors apart during those steamy Bridgerton scenes. Until this moment, I had gone forty-something years in this life without knowing that there is someting called a “netball” out there, much less that it’s a whole sport?
This is an article about TV-inspired vacations, where people go to Scotland to see Outlander locations, or attend Bridgerton high teas. And I would make fun, except I have traveled to Hawaii to see Lost set locations, and have been on a Game of Thrones tour across Northern Ireland, so I can’t really talk smack about anyone.
The Succession/Euphoria crossover you didn’t know you needed.
90 Day Fiance star Ben Rathbun is in trouble.
The Kanye/Kim Kardashian situation just keeps becoming messier. Some text messages between Pete Davidson and Kanye West were leaked in which Davidson told Kanye that he was in that moment, “in bed with your wife,” before suggesting that they meet privately and try to hash things out. He also urged Kanye to stop abusing his family in public and to seek mental health support. Davidson ain’t wrong.
Trevor Noah then mentioned this conversation on The Daily Show, where he discussed how this whole situation is abusive and scary and happens to women everywhere, not just famous ones:
In response, Kanye called Noah a racial epithet and was promptly given a 24-hour ban on Instagram. Because apparently you can repeatedly threaten your ex-wife and her boyfriend on the platform without consequence but the second you start throwing racial slurs around …
Kanye has also been pulled as a performer at the Grammys because of “concerning online behavior.” He can still attend the awards, and accept an award if he wins. So God knows what he would say then.
I said counsel Kanye not cancel Kanye.
— Trevor Noah (@Trevornoah) March 20, 2022
It should be noted that Noah is hosting the Grammys. That said, no one is canceling Kanye. Certain organizations have chosen to not associate with someone who is publicly harassing their ex-wife and throwing racial slurs around and that is their choice.
A grand jury has cleared former Texans player Deshaun Watson of criminal charges for sexual misconduct. He is now being traded to the Cleveland Browns.
Evan Rachel Wood is not frightened by Marilyn Manson’s lawsuit: “I can’t obviously speak about any of the specific allegations of the lawsuit, but I’m not scared,” Wood said. “I am sad, because this is how it works. This is what pretty much every survivor that tries to expose someone in a position of power goes though, and this is part of the retaliation that keeps survivors quiet. This is why people don’t want to come forward. This was expected.”
Wood has asked YouTube to take down Manson’s “Heart-Shaped Glasses” video in which she says she was coerced into having sex on camera by Manson. YouTube says it is “monitoring the situation” and will take action if it determines there was a breach of “creator responsibility guidelines.”
Karen Fukuhara, who plays Kimiko on The Boys, reports that she was attacked by a stranger in a recent hate crime.
Sarma Melngailis, the chef at the center of the Netflix docuseries Bad Vegan, may have received an STD from Louis C.K. and he was remarkably (but unsurprisingly) blasé about the whole thing. In emails that the New York Post somehow got their hands on, Louis C.K. wrote to her:
“hey. I understand you’re upset. This kind of shit is tough. I never swore that I was clean. I told you I may or may not have given this to you. I’m sorry if I did. If you gave it to me, it’s okay. We all share the current human bloodstream, which includes this kind of stuff. I should have worn a condom, you should have made me, we should have a lot of things. we are human.”
“Our generation has this stuff. the next generation will all be inoculated and will have sex with electric glass penises and digital vaginas and they’ll get software viruses instead. It’s part of life.”
Yep, that sounds like Louis C.K.
Chris Cuomo is demanding $125 million in his arbitration with CNN over being fired.
Emma Watson took a subtle dig at J.K. Rowling’s transphobia at the BAFTAs.
Alaskan Bush People star Bear Brown was arrested for domestic violence.
Ron Jeremy’s rape trial has been paused as he undergoes psychiatric evaluation.
Gérard Depardieu is still being investigated for rape in France.
I hope your daughters were watching this, Ted, and saw that their father thinks holding a girl down and trying to rip off her clothes while their friend watches is “teenage dating habits.”
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) refers to sexual assault allegations against Justice Brett Kavanaugh as “teenage dating habits.” pic.twitter.com/dpXl8kjFXC
— The Recount (@therecount) March 21, 2022
- Abbott Elementary has been renewed for a second season on ABC.
This shit was decided ten minutes into the first episode https://t.co/hVaGXE3pAm
— amber ruffin (@ambermruffin) March 15, 2022
- And Just Like That … has been renewed for a second season on HBO Max.
- Tyler Perry’s The Oval has been renewed for a fourth season, and Tyler Perry’s Sistas for a fifth at BET.
- Pickled, a celebrity Pickleball special, is coming to CBS and Paramount+.
- A Harley Quinn animated spinoff series has been ordered at HBO Max.
- The Front Line, a medical drama, is in development at ABC.
- College Hill: Celebrity Edition has been greenlit at BET.
- A Fine Balance is being adapted into a series at HBO.
- A pandemic drama from the creator of Money Heist is in the works at Netflix.
- Eating Up the Oceans: How Do We Save Our Seas? is being developed by David E. Kelly.
- A New Thing – with Stacey Dash is being shopped around.
- Haunted has been ordered at Paramount+ along with Rise of the Tech Titans; The Box; Chalet Girls; and MH370: The Lost Flight.
- A limited series about Jesse Jackson is being made.
- Stephanie Allain has signed a first-look deal with Warner Bros. Television Group and HBO.
- Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias’ recent Dodger Stadium stand-up show might be coming to Netflix.
- Jeni Rice-Genzuk Henry has signed an overall deal with BET.
- Betty Gilpin will star in Mrs. Davis, a new sci-fi drama from Tara Hernandez and Damon Lindelof at Peacock. She will portray a ~checks notes~ nun who fights robots? OK.
- Christina Ricci has joined the cast of Wednesday on Netflix.
- Lizzo, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Jerrod Carmichael have been set as the next hosts of Saturday Night Live on NBC.
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II will star in I Helped Destroy People at Prime Video.
- Meg Donnelly and Drake Rodger have been cast as Mary and John Winchester in The Winchesters pilot at The CW.
- Skylar Astin has been cast to co-star in the Geena Davis comedy pilot at CBS.
- Jordan Peele, Keegan-Michael Key, Lyric Ross, and Angela Bassett have been voice cast in Wendell & Wild on Netflix.
- Gbenga Akinnagbe, Kyle Vincent, Terry and Caroline Chikezie have joined Power Book II: Ghost on Starz.
- Chazz Palminteri, Vincent Pastore, and Tony Darrow have joined the cast of Gravesend on Prime Video.
- Michael Gaston has joined Fleishman Is in Trouble on FX.
- Yalitza Aparicio, Joaquin Cosio, and Oscar Jaenada have been added to the cast of Midnight Family on Apple TV+.
- Tilda Cobham-Hervey and Stephen Graham have been cast in Young Woman and the Sea on Disney+.
- Kaden Alejandro has joined the ABC pilot Josep.
- Sean Astin has been cast in Young Rock on NBC.
- Anna Uzele, Carter Hudson, Idris Debrand, Ivan Shaw, Amy Forsyth and Jenna Qureshi, Dario Ladani Sanchez, Eva Ariel Binder, Brittany S. Hall, Maxwell Jenkins, and Audrey Corsa have been added to the cast of Dear Edward on Apple TV+.
Mark Your Calendars
- Halo will premiere on Paramount+ on March 24.
- Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls will debut on Prime Video on March 25.
- Ms. Marvel will premiere on Disney+ on June 8.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife will debut on HBO and HBO Max in May.
- Our Great National Parks will premiere on Netflix on April 13.
- Swimming with Sharks will debut on The Roku Channel on April 15.
- Fear the Walking Dead returns on AMC on April 17.
- Jerrod Carmichael: Rothaniel premieres on HBO on April 1.
- The Takedown debuts on Netflix on May 6.
- Long Slow Exhale debuts on Spectrum on April 4.
- When We Were Bullies will debut on HBO on March 30.
- Wild Abandon debuts on Netflix on March 30.
- He’s Expecting premieres on Netflix on April 21.
- Night Sky will debut on Prime Video on May 20.
- Made for Love returns on HBO Max on April 28.
- The Invisible Pilot will premiere on HBO on April 4.
- Tyler Perry’s Sistas will return on BET on June 29.
- Borgen – Power & Glory will debut on Netflix on April 14.
- The Chase; Holey Moley; and Who Do You Believe? will return (and debut) on ABC on May 4.
- Look at Me: XXXTENTACION premieres on Hulu on June 10.
- Portals to Hell returns on Travel Channel and Paramount+ on April 9.
- Married at First Sight: Australia returns on Lifetime on March 30.
- Revolution: GMC HUMMER EV premieres on The History Channel on March 27.
Scott “Razor Ramon” Hall, WWE Hall of Famer
LaShun Pace, Gospel Singer
Mike Mora, Photographer and husband to singer Kelis
Shackleton’s Endurance: The Lost Ice Ship Found: Sir Ernest Shackleton’s historic and doomed 1914 trip to the Antarctic is explored, as well as the the journey to find the ship over 100 years later. Premiere. 9 p.m., History
The Principles of Pleasure: Michelle Buteau narrates this limited series exploring the myths and science behind female pleasure. Premiere. Netflix
The 2022 iHeartRadio Music Awards: LL Cool J hosts. 7 p.m., Fox
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Savannah Guthrie, Hoda Kotb, Lily Collins, Brothers Osborne
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Olivia Rodrigo, Renate Reinsve, a performance by Cirque du Soleil’s OVO
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Jamie Lee Curtis, Brian Tyree Henry, Coin
- Watch What Happens Live: Luann De Lesseps, Margaret Josephs
|ABC||Judge Steve Harvey
|To Tell The Truth
|FBI: Most Wanted
|CW||Superman & Lois
|FOX||iHeartRadio Music Awards
|This Is Us