Hey, Millennials, have you ever felt left out because you weren’t alive for “New Coke?” Good (?) news! Stranger Things and Coke are bringing New Coke back this summer. Lucky you. Hopefully, Crystal Pepsi is next.
Alabama Public Television has decided to not air the episode of Arthur that features a gay wedding. Which is a shame because if there is one state that needs to be confronted with reality …
Defunctland, which is a wonderful YouTube channel that most often explores old amusement parks (here’s the one on the destruction of Astroworld, Houston friends), has begun exploring old TV, beginning with a multiple-part series on Jim Henson. They recently released a video that explores the history of The Muppet Show (and if it feels like it begins in media res, that’s because there are two earlier videos). Did y’all know The Muppet Show filmed in the U.K.?
This is a good list of the scary shows on Netflix right now. I don’t know that I agree entirely with this ranking, but it’s fine. Also, I highly recommend Crazyhead and Dead Set if you haven’t heard of them. But truly, the scariest thing on television right now? Chernobyl. TERRIFYING.
And here is a list of some great hidden sci-fi gems on Netflix. I am here to second The Endless. I wish Netflix had the filmmakers’ earlier movie, Resolution, because it makes The Endless that much better.
OH! I forgot to mention this: but Dirty John is moving from Bravo to USA because I guess they’ve realized that scripted shows just don’t work on Bravo? The second season will be a different true-crime story, by the way.
The only Game of Thrones-related thing I am going to post today is this fan-made video that is 73-seconds long that features one second from all 73 episodes. It’s really good!
Amazon Studios has returned the rights to Woody Allen’s next movie because no thank you, please.
Hollywood doesn’t know what to do with this whole abortion controversy in Georgia. Meanwhile, the governor of Georgia is calling them C-list celebrities. I hate everyone.
- True Lies is being turned into a series at Disney+.
- Lethal Lit, a YA podcast, is being developed into a TV series.
- Unorthodox, an English and Yiddish series, is being filmed for Netflix.
- Lisa Kudrow is going to star in the Amazon comedy, Good People.
- Emily VanCamp and Daniel Bruhl have joined the cast of Falcon & Winter Soldier on Disney+.
Mark Your Calendars
- Tales of the City will debut on Netflix on June 7.
- Downton Abbey the movie will be in theaters on September.
- Leila will debut on Netflix on June 14.
- NCIS: The Cases They Can’t Forget returns on CBS on May 29.
- MTV’s The Real World will debut on Facebook Watch on June 13.
Niki Lauda, Legendary Formula One racer
Bernard Chevry, Founder of international TV markets MipTV and Mipcom
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: The ladies go to Hawaii for Camille’s wedding. 8 p.m., Bravo
Wanda Sykes: Not Normal: We love Wanda Sykes. Netflix
Blood & Treasure: This new series is exactly what it sounds like: Adventure! Romance! International travel! The tomb of Cleopatra! Series premiere. 8 p.m., CBS
American Housewife: Season finale. 7 p.m., ABC
NCIS: Season finale. 7 p.m., CBS
The Village: Season finale. 7 p.m., NBC
The Kids Are Alright: Season finale. 7:30 p.m., ABC
black-ish: Season finale. 8 p.m., ABC
The Voice: Season finale. 8 p.m., NBC
Mental Samurai: Season finale. 8 p.m., Fox
Bless This Mess: Season finale. 8:30 p.m., ABC
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Kevin Hart, Beanie Feldstein, Mabel
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Bryan Cranston, Eric Stonestreet, Chromeo, Sebastian Thomson
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Howard Stern, the National
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Jessica Alba, Gabrielle Union
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Will Smith, Elizabeth Banks, Jakob Dylan & Jade Castrinos
- The Daily Show: Ava DuVernay
- Conan: Jake Tapper
- Watch What Happens Live: Camille Grammer
|The Kids Are Alright
|Bless This Mess
|Blood & Treasure