Unfortunately, this brief clip is not part of a longer episode, BUT IT SHOULD BE.
We are getting close to Upfronts which means the networks are making their decisions on which shows will get the axe. Deadline has a very interesting roundup of all of the shows on the bubble and their chances for renewal, if you’re curious.
So that guy who outed the other guy as being transgender on Survivor is having a rough week.
“We’re not tied to any specific release date” = that Star Trek: Discovery series isn’t arriving anytime soon.
There are rumors that Kris Marshall will be the new Doctor, and people are NOT HAPPY.
I’m just going to leave this here: https://www.jonahryancongressman.com/
In Late Night Book News, Which is a Thing
The New York Times’ comedy critic has written a biography of David Letterman, and The Hollywood Reporter has chosen these 7 things as the most “surprising” revelations.
In the World of News
Because he has nothing better to do with his time despite doing his best to embroil us in two new wars on top of the wars we are already in and making a hash of his agenda in general, our President spent the weekend whining about people exercising their First Amendment rights …
… and then spent the morning tweeting about Fox & Friends and the supposed “Fake” media.
Speaking of Fox News, Megyn Kelly’s decision to leave the network was made a lot easier after he attacked her book on air — multiple times — and her complaints to the higher ups were ignored, according to The New York Times.
And Boston’s Fox affiliate is dropping the Fox brand because they are worried about the taint of Fox News. Note to Fox News: things like this don’t help.
American Gods, Starz, April 30 (this is not so much a trailer as it is a featurette, but it’s a great introduction to the series)
Outlander, Starz, September
- Fear the Walking Dead has been renewed for a fourth season ahead of the third season. They are changing showrunners, too. Let’s hope that does the trick.
- Revenge Body with Khloe Kardashian has been renewed for a second season at E!
- WGN has cancelled Outsiders after two seasons, which is interesting as it is WGN’s highest rated program. (Still, it is losing money in this stage, and WGN might be stripping itself down in preparation to sell itself.) Outsiders is being shopped around to other networks.
- Star Wars Rebels will end after the fourth season.
- Netflix might be bringing Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego back, and Gina Rodriguez will be involved.
- Becki Newton (Ugly Betty) is joining the cast of Divorce for season two.
- Enid, Simon and Bangs McGee have been upped to series regulars on The Walking Dead, so they’ll be sticking around for at least a season, it sounds like.
Clifton James, character actor
Christopher Morahan, producer and director
24: And we come to the end of another exhausting day. Season finale. 7 p.m., Fox
2 Broke Girls: They made a movie about Caroline’s life or something. Season finale. 8:30 p.m., CBS
The World According to Garp: Hey, remember this movie? When I was a kid it was on HBO all the time, but a lot went over my head when I was 10. Anyway. 5:35, HBO Zone West
Late Night: Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Anne Hathaway, Tony Hale, Ed Sheeran The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Jennifer Hudson, Chris Hayes, Christian Borle The Late Late Show with James Corden: Kumail Nanjiani, Riz Ahmed, Sabrina Carpenter Jimmy Kimmel Live: Chris Pratt, Kurt Russell, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Bleachers Conan: Jack McBrayer, Chris Gethard, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard Watch What Happens Live: Sally Field, Katie Couric
|ABC||Dancing with the Stars
|CBS||Kevin Can Wait
|Man With a Plan
|2 Broke Girls
|Penn & Teller: Fool Us