John Oliver, like the rest of us, can’t quite believe the events that took place in Stupid Watergate last week, but does a good job recapping it for us before crapping all over your fantasy that this is going to end in impeachment anytime soon.
It’s very easy to become despondent with all of this. So instead, make sure you’re registered to vote, mark your calendar for November 6, 2018 and consider joining an organization that helps others register to vote.
Bill Maher goes off on the superhero trend in Hollywood, and I am RIGHT THERE WITH HIM, which he then turns into a thing about Trump.
Tuck Buckford has a few apologies he needs to make:
In late night news:
- Here’s the inevitable New York Times piece about late night having to write in this chaotic news cycle.
- And here’s Seth Meyers’ take on covering breaking news.
- Stephen Colbert explains his “three joke rule” when it comes to breaking news.
- Also, Colbert offers a little more hope than Oliver that Trump will resign. He then calls Trump a “redolent turd,” which I will not soon forget.
- And bless his heart, but Ted Cruz asked Colbert to “humanize” him before an appearance on his show. Ted, blobfish can’t be humanized.
- The Daily Show had its biggest ratings week since Trevor Noah became host. Oh really? Why?