Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
Where’s the lie?
Jane Lynch has been recently starring in Funny Girl on Broadway with Beanie Feldstein, and she was set to stay on through September 25. However, Lynch’s last show is now August 14 — one day before her former Glee co-star Lea Michele is set to take over Feldstein’s role. I’m not saying this has anything to do with anything, OR AM I?
ALRIGHT, CHRIS MELONI.
The FBI searched Mar-A-Lago yesterday. More to come, more to come, more to come.
Sixty-something male actor doesn’t like intimacy coordinators because they “spoil the spontaneity” YEAH. THAT’S THE POINT, SEAN BEAN. ACTRESSES AREN’T LOOKING TO GET “SPONTANEOUSLY” GROPED. Maybe it would be helpful for actors of a certain age to understand that sex scenes are like stunt scenes? That need to be choreographed to keep everyone safe? Is that fucking helpful?
You’re going to be surprised, but actresses sorta had some feelings about this dumbass point of view:
It should only be technical. It's like a stunt. Our job as actors is to make it not look technical. Nobody wants an impromptu grope…— Jameela Jamil 🌈 (@jameelajamil) August 8, 2022
intimacy coordinators establish an environment of safety for actors. i was extremely grateful for the one we had on WSS— they showed grace to a newcomer like myself + educated those around me who’ve had years of experience.— rachel zegler (she/her/hers) (@rachelzegler) August 8, 2022
spontaneity in intimate scenes can be unsafe. wake up. https://t.co/bpxT2DVU1R
Additionally, Bean threw one of his Snowpiercer co-stars, Lena Hall, under the bus, claiming that she, for one, was “up for anything”
iCarly co-star Jennette McCurdy has written a memoir in which she describes how the show’s creator, Dan Schneider — whom she never names, only calling him “The Creator” would ply her with alcohol, massage her inappropriately, and then Nickelodeon paid her $300,000 to keep quiet about all of it. Her co-star, Miranda Cosgrove (with whom she is still good friends), told The New York Times, “When you’re young, you’re so in your own head. You can’t imagine that people around you are having much harder struggles. You don’t expect things like that from the person in the room who’s making everyone laugh.” It’s all so sad and terrible.
Ezra Miller has been arrested for felony burglary and accused of new allegations of grooming an 11-year-old child, but Warner Bros. Discovery seems fully prepared to release The Flash anyway.
Yeah, Fred Savage didn’t get fired from The Wonder Years just because he was a grouch with the crew. He was also behaving VERY inappropriately with younger women on the crew.
When asked about accusations that he had a sexual relationship with a girl who was 14 and 15 at the time, Pete Rose’s response, “It was 55 years ago, babe. Who cares what happened 50 years ago? You weren’t even born. So you shouldn’t be talking about it, because you weren’t born. If you don’t know a damn thing about it, don’t talk about it,” is … unsatisfactory.
- Annika has been renewed for a second season on PBS.
- Land of Women, a dramedy starring and produced by Eva Longoria, has been ordered at Apple TV+.
- Stronger, a a female empowerment bodybuilding drama series, starring and produced by Yvonne Orji, is in the works at Netflix.
- Book of Marlon, a comedy based on Marlon Wayan’s life, is moving from HBO Max to Starz.
- Huh! Kenan Thompson is going to host The Emmys this year! OK!
- Joe Keery, Lamorne Morris, and Richa Moorjani have joined the cast of Fargo on FX.
- Sarah-Pidgeon and Tanzyn-Crawford have been cast in Tiny Beautiful Things on Hulu.
- DJ Cotrona has joined Spy Kids on Netflix.
- Matthew Del Negro has joined The Missing on Peacock.
Mark Your Calendars
- Mo will premiere on Netflix on August 24. (And it’s set in Houston!)
- Do Revenge will premiere on Netflix on September 16.
- 9-1-1 returns on Fox on September 19.
- The Kardashians returns on Hulu on September 22.
- Bluey will return on Disney+ tomorrow.
- Real Girlfriends in Paris will debut on Bravo on September 5.
- Cobra Kai returns on Netflix on September 9.
- Jay Leno’s Garage will return on CNBC on September 7.
Olivia Newton-John, Actress, singer, and childhood hero of your friendly neighborhood blogger. This one hurts.
My heart is broken. Rest now, sweet friend. You were as kind and loving a person as there’s ever been. I’ll miss you every day. 💔 pic.twitter.com/Z1zkVe9CVb— Richard Marx (@richardmarx) August 8, 2022
Another angelic voice has been added to the Heavenly Choir. Not only was Olivia a dear friend, but one of the nicest people I had the pleasure of recording and performing with. I will most definitely miss her. She now Rests in the Arms of the Heavenly Father 🥲🙏🏾♥️— Dionne Warwick (@dionnewarwick) August 8, 2022
"Grease" is my #1 movie of all time and made me a lifelong Olivia Newton John fan. Me and my sister watched Xanadu more times than I could count. Sending so much love and prayers to a real gift of a woman and talent. #RIPOliviaNewtonJohn 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾 https://t.co/1M8lcVQuON— Gabrielle Union (@itsgabrielleu) August 8, 2022
Olivia Newton John so completely dominated the charts and Top Of The Pops when I was a kid, it felt like she WAS pop music. And yes, Xanadu is still a stone cold classic song. RIP x pic.twitter.com/VFfQenPcOM— edgarwright (@edgarwright) August 8, 2022
Really sad to hear about the passing of Olivia Newton-John. My first real crush as a kid. I loved Grease & her music & I coincidentally also bought & lived in for a while the wonderful home she built in Malibu. May she Rest In Peace. ❤️ https://t.co/gP10SJWqFZ— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) August 8, 2022
We have lost a great, iconic artist in Olivia Newton John, gone too soon from us at age 73. I trust she is now in the great Xanadu beyond. Know that we are forever hopelessly devoted to you, Olivia. Rest in song and mirth.— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) August 8, 2022
Bill Miller, GMA stage manager
Rob Mitchell, Film executive
Lamont Dozier, Member of the Motown trio Holland-Dozier-Holland
Password: Keke Palmer, who is in the middle of a moment, hosts this new update to the classic celebrity game show. Series premiere. 9 p.m., NBC
I Just Killed My Dad: This docuseries explores the case of Anthony Templet, who killed his father, and never denied doing so. However, why he did it is complicated and messy. Premiere. Netflix
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Kate McKinnon, Lili Reinhart, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan, Jon Pardi
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Ben Stiller, D’Arcy Carden, Joe Walsh
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Ryan Reynolds; Kaitlin Olson; Tones and I
- The Daily Show: Idris Elba
- Watch What Happens Live: Mindy Kaling, Adam Pally