a table for 7 please pic.twitter.com/69neRYXRTx
— CAPYBARA MAN (@CAPYBARA_MAN) September 13, 2021
All Other TV News
Good morning — how did all my Houston friends hold up through Hurricane Nicholas? I’m trapped in Savannah, thinking good thoughts, and hoping that everyone made it out with minimal damage.
While I try to make it back to Houston, I have a special treat for you guys: the first five minutes of NBC’s new sci-fi drama, La Brea.
Y’all, they are really, truly going for it:
If you liked what you saw — or, more accurately, if you thought that was ridiculous, and you want to ruin my fall by forcing me to hate-blog it every week — be sure to vote for it in the poll below. La Brea currently has a healthy lead and based on that clip above, it is absolutely going to be the bane of my existence this season. But there are other contenders out there. You can watch all of the trailers in this post. The poll closes on Sunday night, so vote now and vote often!
Succession is returning in a month (FINALLY), and HBO is cleverly holding their cards close to the chest as to how the season is going to shake out, releasing three different posters with the characters taking different sides …
— Toby Herman (@tobyherman27) September 13, 2021
Just brilliant. (Boy, the Ken, Tom, Greg lineup against Roy, Shiv, and Roman would be no contest at all, LOL.)
Wheel of Fortune made some very minor changes for its 39th season, and fans are freaking out. LISTEN UP, SNOWFLAKES: YOU THINK SOME MUSIC CHANGES ARE A REASON TO WHINE AND COMPLAIN? THEY TOOK A WHOLE SHOPPING ELEMENT AWAY FROM ME. DO YOU UNDERSTAND: THEY TOOK THIS DOG FROM ME, AND I DID NOT CRY. SUCK IT UP.
Y’all, Days of Our Lives is going to revisit their possession storyline. I’m not a Days viewer, but this might change things.
Larry David was in New York having a VERY Larry David time.
Fixed it for you. pic.twitter.com/Crx5WyA4II
— Dan on the Moon 🌒 (@dmnyc) September 13, 2021
Ironically, this will exonerate Larry David of a crime he'll be accused of many miles away this very evening. pic.twitter.com/VXrPorsJ5M
— The Author, Séamas O'Reilly, retweeting praise (@shockproofbeats) September 11, 2021
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) September 12, 2021
Here are your Masked Singer costumes. I guess we’re still doing this? Alright.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series has been renewed for a third season on Disney+.
- Narcos: Mexico will end after this third season. See below for the trailer.
- Victories Greater Than Death is being adapted at Amazon by Michael B. Jordan’s production company.
- The Don DeLillo novel, The Underworld, is being adapted for Netflix.
- A live-action She-Ra is in the works at Amazon.
- A spinoff series about the Batman villain The Penguin might be in the works at HBO Max.
- Tom and Jerry Time has been greenlit at HBO Max and Cartoon Network.
- Jim Cramer has signed a multi-platform deal to stay at CNBC.
- Di Novi Pictures has signed a first-look deal with Amazon.
- Elisabeth Shue is joining Super Pumped on Showtime.
- Hilary Swank will star in an untitled Alaska drama on ABC.
- Cynthia Erivo and Andy Serkis will co-star in the Luther film on Netflix.
- Hayley Atwell will be the voice of Laura Croft in Netflix’s Tomb Raider.
- Audra McDonald will host the Tony Awards this year.
- Sean Bean will narrate Osprey: Sea Raptor for PBS.
- Stephan James will star in Beacon 23 on AMC.
- Aidan Gillen will star in The O’Neill, an epic Irish drama that does not yet have a network.
- Joshua Sasse will join the cast of Monarch on Fox.
- Lindsey Kraft, Eddie Cahill, and Benjamin Stockham will guest star on Fantasy Island on Fox.
- Andrea Londo, Warren Christie, and Amy Acker are starring in an untitled Freeform thriller.
- Matthew Sato and Ariela Barer will guest star on A.P. Bio on Peacock.
- Bethany Joy Lenz and Tyler Hynes will star in An Unexpected Christmas on Hallmark.
- Yvette Nicole Brown, Jordan Fisher, Ron Funches, Carol Kane, Thomas Lennon, Kate Micucci, Kevin Michael Richardson, and Jenna Ushkowitz will lend their voices to Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed: The Underground Rock Experience on HBO Max and Cartoon Network.
- Ethan Hawke, Jacob Bertrand, and AJ Hudson will be the voices for Batwheels on HBO Max and Cartoon Network.
Mark Your Calendars
- Succession returns on HBO on October 17.
- One of Us Is Lying will premiere on Peacock on October 7.
- Narcos: Mexico returns on Netflix on November 5.
- Diana: The Musical will debut on Netflix on October 1.
- Colin in Black & White will premiere on Netflix on October 29.
- America’s Big Deal will premiere on USA on October 14.
- NCIS returns on CBS on September 20.
— NCIS (@NCIS_CBS) September 11, 2021
- There’s Someone Inside Your House will premiere on Netflix on October 6.
- Pretty Smart will debut on Netflix on October 8.
- The Chestnut Man will debut on Netflix on September 29.
- All American will return on The CW on October 25.
- Bakers Dozen will premiere on Hulu on October 7.
- Archibald’s Next Big Thing Is Here! will return on Netflix on October 14.
- A Tale Dark & Grimm will premiere on Netflix on October 8.
- House Haunters will debut on Discover+ on October 7.
- New Year’s Eve Live: Nashville’s Big Bash will air on CBS on December 31.
- Cops is moving to Fox Nation on October 1.
- Halloween Kills will premiere on Peacock and in theaters on October 15.
- Big Brother: Celebrity Edition will return on CBS this winter.
- Frontline: Boeing’s Fatal Flaw airs tonight on PBS.
- The Activist will premiere on CBS on October 22. It’s an activism game show hosted by Usher, Priyanka Chopra, and Julianne Hough. Some people have thoughts about this:
they’ve turned activism…. into a game show?
— sam🤍 (@thesammg) September 9, 2021
black mirror writers room in shambles
— Ryan Hall (@EnbyRyan) September 9, 2021
Basically what I’m expecting pic.twitter.com/QNORBCpgwJ
— Hairo Cortes 🐜🐺 (@cosmic_mijo) September 9, 2021
How corporate America appropriates and trivializes advocacy….monetizing the imagery….channeling dissent into meaninglessness. pic.twitter.com/uEkz942o5D
— Alejandro Villegas (@thecorpmex) September 9, 2021
this is so fucked up pic.twitter.com/F6aiHYGw4t
— Shallah Gaykwon ☭🏳️🌈🐧 (@GramsciFag) September 9, 2021
— Julio 🌙 (@forza_inter99) September 9, 2021
Sondra James, Actor in many films and TV productions, including Law & Order, Blue Bloods, and What We Do in the Shadows
Robin French, Talent agent
Allison Payne, Longtime Chicago news anchor
Liz McCann, Broadway producer
Level Playing Field: This four-part docuseries explores how public policies have created inequities in sports and society. Series premiere. 7 p.m., HBO
You vs. Wild: Out Cold: It’s another interactive Netflix adventure with Bear Grylls. Premiere. Netflix
2012: Hey, remember when this was just a fun action movie, and we weren’t literally living through it, The Handmaid’s Tale and Contagion simultaneously? 7 p.m., BBC
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Kendall Jenner, Antoni Porowski, a performance from “Tina – The Tina Turner Musical”
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Kate Hudson, Jon Bernthal, Natasha Brown, José Medeles
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Justice Stephen Breyer, Chris Turner
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Cobie Smulders, Regina Hall
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Magic Johnson, Steve Lemme, Kevin Heffernan, the Marias
- Watch What Happens Live: Melissa McCarthy, Chelsea Handler
|ABC||Bachelor in Paradise
|The Ultimate Surfer
|FBI: Most Wanted
|NBC||America’s Got Talent
|Family Game Fight!