Let’s start with a bunch of new Game of Thrones’ character portraits:
Yep, nothing new at all. Also the same: yet another article assuring us that the battle this season will be even bigger than Battle of the Bastards. OK. WE GET IT. More interesting to me: the dragons are reportedly still growing.
And, oooooooh … I might need all of these Game of Thrones Adidas.
ABC was at the TCAs yesterday:
Dancing with the Stars has NOT been cancelled. I repeat, DWTS will live forever and ever.
Grey’s Anatomy will very likely be renewed for a 16th season, but it didn’t happen as of yesterday. A bunch of other shows were renewed though:
- A Million Little Things
- Modern Family for an 11th and FINAL final season
- Shark Tank
- The Good Doctor
- Bachelor in Paradise
And Fox was at the TCAs today:
The Simpsons was renewed at Fox for seasons 31 and 32.
Charlie Collier, the CEO of Fox, sent good wishes to Jussie Smollett, but declined to make any renewal announcements about Empire.
The head of Fox refused to comment on Lethal Weapon‘s future, but claims that everything is cool now with Damon Wayans. OK.
Last Man Standing will probably move to a different night as WWE is going to take over Fox’s Friday night lineup. I am guessing this applies to The Cool Kids, too, since it is likely to be renewed.
On the subject of the disaster that Rent Live! became, Charlie Collier said that it would have been impractical to have understudies for the entire cast. No future musicals have been announced.
In non-TCA news:
All I’m going to say about last night’s State of the Union:
Oh, God, is The Walking Dead going to lose Michonne, too? Maybe.
Speaking of The Walking Dead, Lauren Cohan is open to the idea of a Maggie spin-off movie, like Rick is getting. It’s not a terrible idea, frankly, since Maggie never received a proper send-off.
And here’s a clip from Sunday’s premiere:
So, I’m obsessed with Russian Doll, and you’re just going to have to tolerate it until I get it out of my system. Sorry not sorry.
If you’ve watched Russian Doll, and ONLY if you’ve watched ALL of Russian Doll, here are all the deaths.
And here’s an interesting piece about how the Tompkins Square Park riots are key to Russian Doll. Natasha Lyonne and Leslye Headland confirmed it:
If you’re looking for The X-Files, it’s moved from Netflix to Amazon.
Tyra Banks is going to make a model theme park, y’all. As in a theme park about modeling.
Speaking of Fox News and shameless assholes, apparently the United States is going to turn into a socialist hellscape because schools teach children to be fair. QUELLE HORREUR!
OH MY GOD, SUSAN LUCCI. YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, WOMAN, YOU ARE A NATIONAL TREASURE.
- Mom was renewed for seasons 7 and 8 on CBS.
- Good Trouble was renewed for a second season on Freeform.
- neXT, an AI thriller, Adam & Eve, a comedy, Deputy, a police procedural, and an untitled wedding comedy have been given pilot orders at Fox.
- Special, a cerebral palsy comedy from Jim Parson’s production company, has been ordered at Netflix.
- Pieces of Her, a mother-daughter thriller from the creators of Homeland, has been ordered by Netflix.
- The Ben Walker series of books by Christopher Golden is being turned into a TV series.
- Stay or Sell has been ordered by HGTV.
- Gentefied has been ordered by Netflix.
- I Am Mother, an A.I. thriller, has been bought by Netflix.
- Netflix has announced five new Spanish language originals.
- The Bewitched series is not happening at ABC after all.
- Jordin Sparks and Matt Shively will star in Besties on Freeform.
- Levy Tran is joining MacGyver.
- Michelle Visage will join the BBC’s version of RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- Petrice Jones has been added to the cast of Locke & Key on Netflix.
- Adwin Brown is joining YOU on Netflix.
- Cassandra Scerbo is joining the cast of Grand Hotel on ABC.
Mark Your Calendars
- Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists will debut on Freeform on March 20.
- Dating Around will debut on Netflix on February 14, appropriately enough.
- The Bachelor‘s finale will air over two nights: March 11 and 12, thereby ruining TWO of my Spring Break nights. Terrific. Oh, and the “Women Tell All” special will air on March 5, which is a Tuesday, so that means two weeks of two nights of Bachelor. I need to go lie down.
- Videos After Dark will premiere on ABC on March 12 after the finale of The Bachelor. Stupid Bachelor.
- The Village will premiere on NBC on March 19.
- American Housewife and American Idol will have a crossover episode that no one asked for on March 19.
- Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger will return on Freeform on April 4.
- The Bold Type will return on Freeform on April 9.
- Teddy Pendergrass: If You Don’t Know Me will air on Showtime on February 8.
- Lost Beasts of the Ice Age will debut on the Science Channel on February 24.
- Bar Rescue returns on Paramount on March 3.
- Spring Baking Championship will return on Food Network on March 18.
- The Bush Years: Family, Duty, Power will air on CNN on March 3.
- Tricky Dick will debut on CNN on March 9.
Ken Welch, Composer and musician who wrote music for The Carol Burnett Show and a number of TV specials
The Real Housewives of New Jersey: Everyone tries to convince Teresa that Danielle is an asshole. Oh, for the days when she was a prostitution whore … 8 p.m., Bravo
The World’s Best: The auditions continue as the talent show moves into its regular time slot. 7 p.m., CBS
Riverdale: The Midnight Club is forced to reunite for reasons. 7 p.m., The CW
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Liam Hemsworth, Jessica Williams, Ronnie Milsap featuring Little Big Town
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Ice-T, Paul Schrader, Tucker Rule
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Steve Buscemi, Bret Baier, Sasha Sloan
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Alicia Keys, Hailey Bieber, Joe List
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Daniel Radcliffe, Phoebe Robinson, Lauv & Troye Sivan
- The Daily Show: Danai Gurira
- Conan: Tracy Morgan, Taraji P. Henson
- Busy Tonight: Jemima Kirke, Katelyn Ohashi
- Watch What Happens Live: Dolores Catania, Naya Rivera
|CBS||The World’s Best
|FOX||Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours to Hell and Back
|The Masked Singer